Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pizza! Pizza!

I super love pizza and tonight we had one of the best ones I have ever made. I have to give Miss Wendy props for the topping suggestion (I had spring garlic and needed an idea of how to use it), I cannot take full credit it for it myself. It was a cheese fest and I know I will feel it tomorrow, but it was worth it!

Here goes:
  • Heat oven to 500 degrees (screaming hot, I know, but trust me)
  • Roll out your crust to fit your pan or pizza stone - if using a pan, lightly coat with olive oil
  • Spread pesto over crust - lightly, not too much
  • Spoon tablespoons of ricotta over top (leaving blank spots) - flatten the blobs a little with the back of a spoon or your fingers
  • Fill in the blanks with mozzarella (I used thin slices)
  • Sprinkle sliced spring garlic over the top
  • Add crushed black pepper (if you like)
  • Bake for about 10 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is browned lightly (see photo).
  • Once pizza comes out, spread a couple handfuls of arugula over top so it wilts.
  • Enjoy!

Seriously, Tim and I ate the ENTIRE pizza! We usually have leftovers, but not this time.

We are taking a break now before our Haagen Daz coffee ice cream for dessert.

1 comment:

pomegranate seed said...

that looks so amazing! how do you make your crust? i've yet to find any i really enjoy here in taranaki... you are such a cooking goddess! i have been uninspired to eat lately (probably the infant that has me at her beck and call) - but you are so inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...